HomeAbout MeLabelsGalleryDesign ResumeVideosContact Me

Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Baskets - I'm Back with a Spring in my Step

Hi Everyone,

I'm back and feeling a whole lot better these days. Thanks so much for the concerned emails and comments. I truly feel special by your get well wishes. Ok well on to what I've been working on and will be working on more as this week unfolds. My family is getting together to hold a long overdue Easter Egg hunt with the kids this Saturday and I'm making a few little Easter basket treats for the little ones so they don't feel left out because I know the older kids will try to take all the eggs faster than they can. I have to make ten treat baskets. I'll tell you I did it to myself again! I made a simple treat basket in my head, but then when I went to put craft to paper, well.... I just couldn't help myself and ended up going beyond the idea I had in mind which would have been quicker and simple. **sn: I know the little ones won't even care about the details I put into these, but their parents better sure notice...lol** I have pictures to show the step-by-step I went through in making one of them. Now I have the other nine to complete today. I can say, that I only needed One Cart [Easter 2010 - Seasonal Cartridge] to put together the whole thing and I know the older kids are going to be jealous but I know they'll have more eggs in their basket anyway and wouldn't want to swap their eggs for their treat baskets. So here's my step-by-step process. The Recipe details will be at the end. Please provide some comments. You know us crafters... LOVE Comments! Smooches...












Easter Basket Recipe:
Cart = Easter 2010 Seasonal Cartridge
Papers = Best Occaisions Pastels, DCWV Bright Color Cardstock
Easter Basket w/Handle = 10 3/4" cut at "Fit To-Page"
Easter Bunny Head = 2 3/4 used "Auto Fill"; I used my Gypsy to hide the facial features.
Grass = 2 3/4" used "Auto Fill"
PKS = PK-490 Everyday Character Faces. Used the Extra Large Face Stamp *(I drew in the Rabbit Teeth, Nose and Whiskers)
Stampin' Up Chalks = Colored in Blushed Cheeks and Distressed around the Rabbit Face
Studio G = Pink Flocking Powder for Fuzzy Ears
Stickles = Black Rabbit Nose
Easter Stickers = Had in my stash for while. One of the $1 Stores, can't remember where.

Used Tacky Tape to seal the basket together since I know it will be hold some easter goodies and I didn't want it to break. I'll be filling with the Treats later and take pics once all of them are complete. I'm sure filling a Spring in my Step lately. I hope Spring Has Sprung for YOU! Until next time, Smooches...

1 comment:

  1. These are just adorable!!!
    So glad you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the Craft Love...