HomeAbout MeLabelsGalleryDesign ResumeVideosContact Me

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Oh Happy Day...

Hey There My Friends,
Thanks for coming back again today. If this is your first time here...Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! I hope you visit more often. I'm here with another card that kept me up waaaay past my bedtime last night, but I was determined to get this technique down and I wanted to try out this new product.
My project for today will be entered into the following challenges:
Hero Arts, A Blog Named Hero - "Inspired by Hero Arts Artist"
CAS-ual Fridays - "Back in Black"
Brown Sugar Challenge - "Black & White with a Splash of Color"
This design of mine was inspired by none other than the Ah-Mazingly Ubber-Ubber Talented... Jennifer McGuire of Jennifer McGurie Ink, who is a Hero Arts' Design Artist. Here is the link from which I drew my inspiration - "How -To Video: Thin Glitter Die Cuts". This lady is Awesome and she just had a baby and still has time to craft and teach online card classes. You're my Hero Arts SHe-ro Jennifer. Anyhew, I had to watch the video over and over until I felt I was finally ready to try it. The "Oh Happy Day" is a new die-line from Simon Says Stamp with the script writing done by Kristina Werner (another Fantabulously Talented Lady). The black background was done with the Market Street Stamps' - Argyle background stamp which I clear embossed. I also added a little Hero Arts touch with the "Everyday Sentiments" stamp set using the (XOXO). I added the hearts using Stampin' Up's Heart-to-Heart punch, used my Martha Stewart's, Crystal Fine glitter (it's about time I had a use for it...lol) and colored of the letters with my Bic Sharpie markers for my splash of color. Next time I'll have to try a craft like this during the early hours of the day. I made it to work somehow, but could barely keep my eyes open or focused. Until next time, scrap you later...zzzzZZZ! (lol)

9 comments:

  1. This is stunning. I do love the technique. I will have to watch the video in the morning with my coffee. I love the colors you used. I do love shinny things. lol

    Big Hugs
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card! Thank you so much for joining us at Brown Sugar for this challenge, we hoope you decide to join us again!! Good luck!
    Alice B.
    Brown Sugar DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, thanks for joining us on brown sugar hugs vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the glittery letters, well worth staying up to complete :0) It's such a happy card.
    So glad you joined us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossed background on this fun card! The letters look fabulous in those bright colors :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fabulous embossing = so much fun! This is a great card!!! Thanks so very much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! Thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar.


    Kim
    Brown Sugar DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the Craft Love...